Hey Dolls! I have a hair care post for you, enjoy!
Hair oiling has been done in India for a very longggg time; and everytime I go back, I get it done by my aunts or cousins. It is so relaxing and promotes healthy hair and scalp. I have used many different types of hair oils; everything from Coconut oil to Sesame Seed oil and Amla oil. There are TONS and I mean TONS of brands of hair oil in India, how do you know which one to choose? It's interesting to see how those same brands have actually made their way abroad to US and Canada store shelves! Looks like it is no longer only practiced in India anymore...
Why do you think all the girls in India have long thick beautiful hair? ahah!
Proclaim Argan Hair Oil Treatment
3 fl oz. (89 mL)
Claims to: Provide Intense Shine and Help Eliminate Frizz
"Proclaim Argan Oil Hair Oil Treatment is uniquely formulated with Argan Oil to help repair dry, damaged hair."
Package directions: Apply a small amount of Proclaim Argan Oil Hair Oil Treatment in your palm and distribute evenly throughout damp or dry hair. Style as desired.
Check this product out on the Sally Hansen website here for details.
I have been using Proclaim Argan Hair Oil Treatment for the last few weeks. I purchased this product at my local Sally Hansen (for those not in Canada, you can purchase this product online from Amazon), for somewhere around $6.99, but I have to say I love it! I have seen this product being called a dupe to Moroccan Oil.
Argan oil is produced from the kernels of the Argan tree in Morocco. The tree is widely used for nutritive, cosmetic and medicinal purposes and it is rich in Vitamin E.
Just so you know...
I have medium-long thick black hair (with faded highlights), I use this product as you would a deep conditioner. I was told by the Sally employee that you can use this product in wet or dry hair...but I'm not sure I like the idea of using an oil in clean wet hair...has anyone ever done that before? The Sally Hansen employee also told me that you only need a very small amount of product, and you do not need to use too much. I was appalled! Only a small amount? Would that really do anything?
My routine includes:
- Changing into a pair of clothes that I don't mind getting ruined, or just a raggidy old t-shirt (You wouldn't want any oil products near your favourite sweater, would you?).
- I take a few drops of the product and warm it up by rubbing my hands together.
- Gently massage my scalp with my hands; focus on areas such as the hairline closest to the forehead and behind my ears.
- I use as much product as I feel necessary. How much you use is all personal preference and may depend on the thickness of your hair.
- Sometimes I wrap my hair in a small hand towel, or simply clip my hair up loosely, or leave it untied and keep the oil in overnight for the "deep conditioning" affect. I know it sounds odd (and messy) to sleep with a head full of oil but trust me it does wonders! (Mind you, I cover my pillows with a thicker towel so I don't get my pillows oily!)
- Wash it off the next morning and I have shiney and silky hair!
I do this oil routine almost every other day (so when ever I will shower the following day). My hair feels great afterwards; so soft and healthy! This has to be one of my favourite products ever! I love the sweet smell (something I have never experienced with hair oils before) and it is not at all heavy, and will not wear your hair down.
- Great scent, smells sweet
- Not as greasy, as other hair oils I've used
- No build up
- Adds shine
- Bottle size, much too small.
Overall Rating: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Definately! I am already looking for a bigger bottle!
I am now looking to get my hands on other Proclaim products! :)
** Remember: what works for me, may not work for you. My reviews are based on personal experiences and opinion. **
Have you tried Proclaim Argan Hair Oil? Your thoughts?